Production Blog- Implementing The Sound Design

Hello Everyone! Welcome back to todays blog! Todays topic is going to be focused mainly about selecting the sound effects for the Final Task and finalizing the editing. After I had selected the music that I would be using for the Final Task, all I had left to do was the sound effects and the final editing. So I got quickly started on gathering sounds to be used in this footage. The first thing I did was look for a good site to get royalty free audios from. A good source I usually use is the website, "Audio Jungle" its really reliable and they have good products. I really only needed them for sounds I couldn't recreate on my own, so all I downloaded was a eerie sound and a thriller sound. I quickly added them to my software before I would forget to. The rest of the audios I needed I was going to make myself. The list of sounds I need are as follows; a creaking floorboard, a slamming door, a turning door handle, a girl screaming, and a door squeaking. I started with the doors, I used a cheap amazon microphone to record all my audios. I recorded the door handle turning, squeaking and slamming all in one go. Then I got the noise I needed for my floorboard and the scream by asking a friend of mine to record herself screaming. After all that was done I imported all the files into my editing software with the rough draft and titles. I was all set to start my final edits for the Final Task. Spaced out though an entire week I spent roughly one to two hours a day editing. Most of the time was spent cutting all the clips together and making sure all the audio flowed well. The titles were added last along with the sound effects. I was finally finished! That's all the time I have for today. 

It was a pleasure, goodbye.

ANTON F








(A picture of the door I used for the recordings)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CCR